We’re a community of a wide variety of “unprogrammed” Friends (Quaker) Meetings in parts of Mexico and the western USA. We do things year-round but our main gathering, called “Annual Session,” occurs once a year in the summer. Our book of Faith and Practice describes the beliefs of Friends, PacYM’s structures and processes, and the spiritual foundation of these processes and of our way of worship. Western Friend is the official publication of Quakers in Pacific, North Pacific, and Intermountain Yearly Meetings.
After decades of being an independent Yearly Meeting we became affiliated in 2019 with Friends General Conference. We’re used to calling ourselves PYM, but in FGC there is “another PYM,” Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, so we’re starting to say PacYM instead. You’ll see both acronyms on this website as we gradually switch over.
Announcements and Quick Links (updated 8/06/2022)
- Online Worship: every Wednesday evening, 7:00-7:30 pm sponsored by the Eldering Subcommittee of PacYM Ministry Committee.
- Braiding Sweetgrass Worship Group: 1st Mondays @7:00 pm. More information here.
- Many other opportunities for online Quaker worship are listed at westernfriend.org.
- See the PYM CALENDAR PAGE for additional PYM-related EVENTS, including youth and intergenerational events.
- Representative Committee meeting (“RepCom 2022”) took place February 25 & 26 and March 5, 2022, via Zoom. Reports and other materials are posted on the RepCom 2022 Information Page. Minutes are posted on the PYM Minutes page.
- ARCHIVE of OLDER COMMITTEE NEWS